quarta-feira, dezembro 02, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Raining a lot! But I love rain.

One of my simple pleasures:
Reading a good book in a rainy afternoon with a hot cup of tea.

On my bedside table:
A Portuguese book: Mal-entendidos, Nuno Lobo Antunes. It is a book written by a Portuguese doctor, to better understand children with problems like Dyslexia or Asperger Syndrome.

On my TV:
DD is watching Hannah Montana.

On the menu for tonight:
Soup and fruit.

On my To Do List:
Ironing, going to church, taking DD to her dance class...

New Recipe I tried last week:
Nothinhg new.

In the craft basket:
Christmas cards

Looking forward to:
Visiting my Dad next Tuesday. The last time I saw him was more than a year ago.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
No tips.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
A post in Portuguese (sorry!!!): Questionamentozinho sincero sobre a justiça de Deus

Favorite photo from last week:
No photos last week.

Lesson learned the past few days:
That elderly people, when they can no longer care for themselves, they can become frustrated and depressed. And that can give way to anger and many times the person who are closest to them become the target of that anger. But I am learning that we cannot take it personally and that we need to ask God for wisdom and patience.

On my Prayer List:
Always a long list but today, my friend Miriam who is travelling to Brazil, after 5 years in Portugal without seeing her family.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Each time He said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

1 comentário:

Blessings each day disse...

Always love when you post, Lara and especially when it is a little peek into what you are doing.

You are always very caring and loving.

blessings, hugs and besitos,

marcy