quinta-feira, julho 09, 2009

Never say never

This is an old saying but it is absolutely true. But we often forget it is true and we keep on saying: I will never do/say this, I will never do/say that... And some time after saying this, you do/say that thing that you would never ever do or say. Now, don't tell me that this has never happened to you!!! Is it just me??? Well, I do have several examples and the most recent one is that, after having my driving license for fifteen years (!) and after having tried a couple of times to drive but with no success, early this year I said: «That's it! I've had enough! I will never be able to drive and I will never try again! And don't even talk to me again about driving!» And now I'm driving! And I'm even enjoying it! I could give you a lot of other examples. But, if this happens with good things, it also happens with not so good things. I've heard some Christians saying that they would never do this or that and they say it in such a way that you think that you're not a very good Christian. It would be wonderful if we could say that we will never sin again after we get saved. But that's not true. We don't become perfect on the same day we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. When we do it (truly), we want to walk with God every day. But we all make mistakes daily, and we need God's mercy every day, which the Bible tells us that is new every day.
«Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ JesusPhillipians 3:12-14

3 comentários:

Mari disse...

Great post Lara! So true!

Sandra disse...

Great post and so true, I don't know why we all continue to say NEVER when we know sooner or later we will do exactly what we swore we wouldn't do.

Hugs,
Sandra

Gi disse...

Bom, bom seria dizermos que nunca nos desviariamos do nosso Alvo:)
Por nosso fraqueza,pecado humano quando dizemos NUNCA vou fazer isto ou aquilo, é quando mais rápido fazemos ou dizemos.. eu falo por mim... E loures ao Rei que é o único que cumpre sempre as Promessas! Se não estamos mesmo perdidos!!!
Beijinho