Saturday, January 10, 2009

Prayers Needed

Last week, my Mum was diagnosed with macular hole. I had never heard about this and for those who are not familiar with this condition, I can tell you that a macular hole is a small hole in macula, which is in the centre of the retina. The macula is the part of the retina which is responsible for our sharp, detailed, central vision. Macular holes usually only affect one eye, though there is a 10 per cent, one in ten, chance that the other eye will eventually be affected. My Mum has this macular hole in her right eye and, thanks God, the left eye has no problems. She has already lost 90% of vision in her right eye and she is scheduled for surgery. It is a very delicate surgery where a gas is inserted to help the macular hole heal in the correct place. In many people there is some improvement in vision following the surgery and recovery time. However in others the operation’s main effect is to stop the sight becoming any worse. And after the surgery, she will have to spend one or two weeks face down.
As you can see, it is not an easy situation so I'm asking you for your prayers. We know God is in control and that's the most important thing. Thank you.

7 comments:

. said...

I hope your mother will be better and everything will be all right.

Alfazema

Mari said...

I'm sorry your Mom is dealing with this. I'll be praying for her to do well and will wait for a report from you.

Carla said...

With our help she'll be allright, she is such a strong lady.
Lots of positive thoughts that's what she/we need.
Just spoke with her, made her laugh a little...
I have no doubts that she'll overcome this one.
We are all with her on this one.
Have a great weekend
xxx

Sarah Catarino said...

Querida Lara,
Deus está no controlo da nossa existência, mesmo no meio de situações inexplicaveis. Receba no seu coração a Palavra que o Seu Filho Jesus Cristo disse tantas vezes: "Não temas..."
Beijo
Sarah

Sandra said...

Praying for your mom!

newlife3 said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom - I will keep both of you in my prayers. Keep us posted! Ann

desorganizada said...

Dear Lara
I'll be praying for your Mom. Have faith in God. Everything will be fine. Hugs
Sandra