Sunday, January 31, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Monday, January 18, 2010
Thursday, January 07, 2010
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12.. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind..
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else. 20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ''In five years, will this matter?".
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Friday, January 01, 2010
Catarina happily wearing her new scarf, knit by her Mom!
I would like to have your opinion as this blog is not just for me, but it is also for my dear readers.
Sandra is hosting Happy Homemaker Monday and I'm joining in
Finally driving after having had my driving license for 15 years!
I've been visiting Heather's blog for more than a year and although we've never met in person and I don't comment very often on her blog, for me, Heather and her family are already part of my family and I pray for them daily.
My Mum and Granny on Mother's Day. During summer, my Granny's health started getting worse every day and now she spends almost all day in bed. It breaks my heart to see her like that.
Just a few words to my dear readers who are asking me what has happened since I have not updated my blog lately.
It is the only photo I have posted in June and it's me with our new car!
Sometimes I want to quit blogging and lately I haven't been too much into blogging.
Our first day at the beach.
I'm back (am I really??? I've been saying this on my latest posts but then I spend another long period of time without posting). (Only one post in August and no photos!)
Cá estou eu novamente, não sei se para ficar ou não, até porque o meu lema aqui é «blogging without obligation». (Only two posts and no photos! Now that I am doing this, I can see that I spent more than half of the year trying to decide whether I should or shouldn't blog!!!)
....that I am still here!!!!
My 40th birthday!!! It was in September but I posted the photo in October.
Este fim-de-semana temos aqui a nossa querida amiga Cíntia, uma mulher segundo o coração de Deus, linda, maravilhosa.
Pais e mães, por favor parem de dizer às vossas criancinhas que os manos e manas que nasceram ou estão para nascer são resultado das vossas preces fervorosas.